Dog Trainer Dee
Dee is a qualified Behaviour Therapist and Trainer, who understands a pets emotions using scientifically proven results.
Dee has worked at the Animal Welfare League, and has worked in a Behaviour Vet Clinic doing behaviour consultations.
What We Do
Dee teaches owners to:
- Read their pets body language to understand their emotions.
- Train their pets, to make their own decisions, with guidance from their owners.
- Work on calming their pets brain. (High arousals in the brain inhibit a pets learning capabilities and cause unwanted behaviours.)
- Set up their environment to help their pet learn.
- Positively manage their pet when they are doing an unwanted behaviour.
- Successfully raise a puppy into adulthood (see Puppies page).
- Training reactive dogs.
- Training in general.
Most dog trainers (not all) work on the behaviour of a pet using negative reinforcement/correction, punishment verbal (strong harsh voice saying NO or Ah Ah), or physical (prong collars, choker chains, ultrasonic noise device, shock collars, spray collars, water sprays etc), and positive reinforcement, the latter being the best and scientifically proven.
Other courses done: (Aside from Certifications below)
How to positively Train Puppies
Reactive Dog Training Advanced Techniques
Dee teaches owners how to calm their pets brain and show's them positive immediate management, she will never add punishment or use an adversive based approach.